A unique picture that describe at once all the interaction
possibilities with the design. The service image illustrates the
main functions of a product, service, system or space. Graphic
design helps in presenting the design in a compelling manner.
- Service Image is an illustration that would content a
central object which is determined by you. The central
object would be the product or system that has most
touch point with the user.
- Other elements that interact with the central object
can gravitate around.
- Hierarchy of information is important; object size
determine their importance.
- The whole picture need to adopt a seamless design
language. Typography, color, graphic elements.
- Identify the central object for your composition.
- Determine the size of other gravitational objects around
your central object.
- Select the function of your design you wish to
- Find systematic way of labeling elements and providing
- Icon could be part of your design by symbolically
- The story is a graphical technique that helps in
understanding user tasks across a specific process of
execution. E.g.: Driving through fast food chain would
include a sequence of tasks to reach the desired
outcome for the user.
- Make sure your service image include the most
important touch point for the user.
- Prioritize functions you wish to detail.
- Use a systematic design language.
- Have a marketing approach for presenting the solution.
- Design show
If you approach is to reveal a new design to the public
and collect their feedback. The service image would be
well appropriate as it does not cost much and allow any
user to understand what your design is about.
- Comparative design
Service image is also used to compare a solution to
another. It is particularly useful when businesses want to
develop different alternatives before going for the best
- Marketing illustration are the best inspirational material
to create service image.
- Representing all functions in a single page can be
challenging. You may find help in using tools like Mental
Map to bring information about visual hierarchy.
- Get inspiration from graphic design workshop to find
design elements that could contribute to your design.