Prototype Decision Matrix
This grid help you to sort solution ideas and assess what the
concept solution is about. The solution will be a service, system,
space or product, most probably a combination of those.
Place solution ideas on the grid with respect to the nature of
each ideas and idea contribution.
- For each solution. Place the solution ideas on the grid
according to what you believe the solution is about. The
idea solution maybe a Service, System, Space or
Product. Make a choice based on your assumption.
- Some ideas would be a combination of Service, System,
Space or Product decide which is the most prominent.
- The cross separate the 4 types of concept ideas that
contribute to your challenge solution.
- Each sticky note has a tree symbol with a mention
about the idea contribution. (The trunk, the branch or
- Place your solution on the grid with respect to idea
- Note: at any time in the process you may add ideas to
the concept solution. Change idea contribution value,
business line, etc. As general guideline, make sure that
findings and discovery make sense to you.
- Totalize the points you have harvested for each solution
idea. The highest result is you primary process the
second highest result is your secondary process.
- Interpret these two results with the Process Matrix and
find out which process is the most suitable to develop
- Egg.: The highest result is 6 for SPACE an the second
highest is 4 for SERVICE. SPACE is the primary process
and SERVICE the secondary process. Reporting these 2
value on the Process Matrix we can see that process
number 3 is the most suitable.