Idea Assessment Canvas
This canvas help you to evaluate ideas and prioritize solutions for
responding to the challenge. It has 3 Business categories and 3
columns of idea contribution. At the intersection of business line
and idea contribution you will find a classical feasibility / impact matrix.
- For each idea you will need to select between 3
- Place your idea within the appropriate row. People,
Technology or Infrastructure.
- An idea could be split between several categories, in
this case pick the most prominent category for the
- This is not a final categorization as ideas will merge. You
may not border about accountability at this stage.
- Some ideas would have a fundamental impact towards
challenge resolution other would be incremental. The 3
vertical columns help in sorting ideas’ contribution to
- Place the fundamental ideas on the right.
- Incremental ideas on the left, those you are not sure on
the central column are substantial ideas.
Impact & Feasibility
- Ideas are sorted with respect to Impact and Feasibility.
- Move the idea towards High Impact if you believe that
this idea would have an high impact towards challenge
- Move the idea towards High Feasibility if you believe
that the ideas is easily feasible.
- Ideas that have Low Impact and Low Feasibility are
likely to be discarded.