This tool is used when we already have a general understanding
of the challenge. We want to understand the challenge
environment or a potential new challenge that derive from the
How to read this canvas?
- At the center is the initial challenge.
- At the circumference are the variables that may affect
the initial challenge.
- In between are the potential new challenges.
A potential new challenge integrate the basic of the initial
challenge and the specificity of selected variables.
How to proceed?
- First, we need to discover the variables. These
important factors that may change the challenge scope.
- Once we have define the variables.We can go with the
writing of potential new challenges.
Discovering variables can be a long process you can
conduct using tools like stakeholder interview,
observation, qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- We suggest that you run rounds of interviews with
challenge stakeholders to understand underlying factors
that could affect the challenge scope. Re-frame you
challenge question if needed proposing different
- This will help you to validate that the assumed
challenge is really at the origin of dysfunction,
alternatively you would have a potential new challenge